Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » General » General » Blacks attacking Indians, taking Black radio down a dirty road!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blacks attacking Indians, taking Black radio down a dirty road!
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
US radio jocks air abuse call (with transcript)

This was aired on Philly's Power 99 (WUSL-FM) Star and Buc Wild AM Show.

Now I know these guys and all AM show host make crank calls all the time, but this went way over the line and was indeed RACIST.

What if Stern called a Black business and called the person a "cock-roach eater"? Which is about the equivalent level of ignorance in calling an Indian a "filthy rat eater".

Was it Star that made the call? The transcript says it was him although I don't know their voices to know for certain...

I just think it is terrible that this is going over a Black radio station and it shows some of us using the same racial hatred we have seen others do to us.

Excuse poor people in India for simply wanting the best paying job they can get. Its not them who run the business. They are just trying to feed their family like anyone else!

This racial hatred ticks me off, especially when Blacks endorse it [Mad] [Mad 2] !

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remnant
Member # 523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remnant           Edit/Delete Post 
Quite often, I hear Blacks complaining about being the victims of racism. I believe in the phrase "Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you." Many blacks are perpetrating racism instead of perpetrating the racial hatred. If you don't like a white person to treat you a certain way, then you have no business treating any person the same way.
Posts: 145 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.C.Bailey
Member # 637

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.C.Bailey   Author's Homepage   Email D.C.Bailey         Edit/Delete Post 
In my opinion this looks like another incident of
a Black person wanting to be so much like Whites
that they try to emulate them in as many ways as
possible. Many of us recognize the fact that there
are still many of us (mainly making $35,000+) that
are still "in love" with the White man.It would
appear that this incident is just another example
of this desire to be just like him. The problem
gets so bad that it eventually manifests itself in
the subconsious. Most of us don't see ourselves as
others do (even physically). Another example of us
as Blacks (especially males) resisting to try and
resolve many of our shared problems using the ex-
cuse that "we shouldn't air-out our dirty laundry"
at the expense of helping to do away with all this
excess baggage that we carry. This isn't the first
time that I've mentioned this on this forum. When
will it be that we finally stop making excuses and
start trying to get our collective "bags" together
instead of worring about what everyone else thinks
about it?

DC Bailey
Century Broadcasting

Posts: 78 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
Jocks suspended, an apology posted.

quote:
WASHINGTON: Two US radio jockeys who abused an Indian call centre agent in a comedy skit on outsourcing went off the air for a day, suspended by the radio station and its parent company in response to a firestorm of protests from Indian community activists.

The station, Philadelphia's Power 99 FM that broadcasts mainly hip-hop music, also apologised for their excess.

"The Star & Buc Wild Show prides itself on walking on the edge. On December 15th, we crossed it. We know the pain racial slurs cause and apologize that this comedy segment went too far," a statement posted on the station's website said.
"It was a very significant response, the first time we have had something like this," Loraine Ballard Morrill, a spokesperson for the station, which broadcasts mainly Hip-Hop and R&B music, told TNN.

On Wednesday morning, the station broadcast a radiothon for tsunami victims in place of Star and Bucwild. The radiothon was previously scheduled and was only advanced to the show's slot, Morill said.

The employee who posted the segment on the web has been reprimanded and put through a "sensitivity training" course, she added.

Most complaints did not come from the Power99 listeners. (According to a philly.com article.) It is sad that Blacks listening to racism on the air did not take offense. When it aired nobody complianed at all. There were no complaints till Indians heard it online. But I guess its only a problem when Blacks are treated the same way [Roll Eyes] . You would think given our history that we would know better and Blacks would have complained.

And this is why I say we are no better than anyone else. And YES Blacks do racist mess too!

Well I'm glad Clear Channel stepped up in response to the complaints.

Although you know when this kind of thing happens with a White jock treating a Black like that we demand much more than a 1 day suspension and an apology in small print in the middle of a web site.

[ 01-13-2005, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: darnell ]

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaleo23
Member # 964

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaleo23   Email jaleo23         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! Ha! Serves Star with his hater a** right. He always has something negative to say about somebody, it just proves what goes around comes around. They need to take that crap off Power 99 and bring back Golden Girl and the DreamTeam Morning Show. Oh yeah, Darnell, he really does sound like a white man like on the sound byte. I hope they postpone their morning show on Power 105.1 in New York indefinitely!
Posts: 54 | From: Birmingham (AL) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe D
Member # 752

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe D           Edit/Delete Post 
Star is just a black version of Howard Stern...I think I read somewhere on the internet that their contract with CC is worth 17 million (Maybe Radio and Records)...So trash is worth alot...Now they're in Hartford, Philly, Augusta and back in New York on Monday...What a waste of the airways...Now Golden Girl is the host of another one of those late night trash shows that seem to be now popular on Urban radio. She's no better than Star & Buc morning show...

The Urban Music scene and stations no longer appeals to me...My taste kind of changed when the B.I.G. vs. Tupac stuff was going on( like '95-'96)...I just don't get that Crunk stuff either ...anyway I can't imagine listening to the radio and hearing all the talking that goes on now; especially on Power 99 in Philly...from Star to Wendy Williams to Golden Girl...I guess it appeals to someone...

Posts: 73 | From: Delaware (A little closer to Philly than BMore) | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyrightę 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.