Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » General » General » Hot 97's "Miss Jones in the Morning" Morning Show is suspended indefinitely

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hot 97's "Miss Jones in the Morning" Morning Show is suspended indefinitely
jaleo23
Member # 964

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaleo23   Email jaleo23         Edit/Delete Post 
I know this will come as no surprise to you, Darnell. According to Hot 97's website: http://www.hot97.com/

"Miss Jones in the Morning" show has been suspended indefinitely.

Now me personally, if they are going to suspended some radio personalities for racial slurs, they might as well suspend "Star and Bucwild" Morning Show crew for their incident in December. Also this morning Star stupid a** called Miss Jones's newborn child a "niglet" and played a song that she sang the hook on and when her hook came around played a digital tidal wave on it, which I find in very poor taste. In addition to that he constantly uses the "N" word and "B" word on his show.

I can't stand for any form of bigotry from anyone, but something has to give. Clear Channel literally forgave Star by giving him just a slap on the hand and allowing that trash to stay on their station "Power 105.1" in New York. Meanwhile Emmis goes overboard with "Hot 97"'s morning show. Racist behavior is racist behavior, no excuses and by allowing "Star and Bucwild" morning show to stay on air for insulting that Indian (also Asian) woman just sending the message that Clear Channel doesn't care what those idiots do! I have come to the conclusion that New York's urban radio really needs to get better radio personalities period.

[ 01-26-2005, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: jaleo23 ]

Posts: 54 | From: Birmingham (AL) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyrightę 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.