Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » General » General » Rush Limbaugh Offers to Mentor Al Sharpton

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Offers to Mentor Al Sharpton
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
Can Rev. Al be Limbaugh's air apparent?

quote:
Last week - after Matrix Media announced a deal for Sharpton to host a "Limbaugh of the Left"-type talk radio show - the conservative radio star said he'll think about mentoring the minister in the finer points of the medium.

Yesterday, Sharpton contacted me to say he's eager to accept the sort-of offer to (as Limbaugh put it on his own show Friday) "let [Sharpton] guest-host the program for, like, 30 minutes at a time while I am sitting here critiquing him."

Transcript: Rush Offers to Mentor Sharpton Behind EIB Microphone

Only in America [Big Grin] !!!

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.C.Bailey
Member # 637

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.C.Bailey   Author's Homepage   Email D.C.Bailey         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Rush losing shares on his nationally syndicated
radio program or does he think that all Blacks
can obtain discounts on drugs (ouch!). For those
of you that may feel this is below the belt, I'm
still hearing jokes about once D.C. Mayor Marion
Barry, but we kid.

Posts: 78 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Tom
Member # 804

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uncle Tom   Author's Homepage   Email Uncle Tom         Edit/Delete Post 
Why didn't Rush invite Twanna Brawly?

At least she's not a gold plated "poverty Pimp"!

Posts: 8 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nwm4ever
Member # 93

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for nwm4ever   Email nwm4ever         Edit/Delete Post 
A story could come out about Al Sharpton writing a cookbook, yet it seems someone's always going to pull out the "Tawana Brawley" crack. How innovative.

Having heard Rev. Sharpton speak several times, all he needs to really do is be himself--there's no shortage of things to talk about, people to call in, and no shortage of talk coming from the man himself.

I hardly think he should be taking notes from a reputed drug dealer, much less dealing with one [Wink]

Posts: 120 | From: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
So it is OK to attack one while trying to dismiss the deeds of the other [Roll Eyes] ? DC took some shots at Rush and UT took some shots at Al. Both have enough dirt in their bags to warrant the criticism.

quote:
Originally posted by nwm4ever:

I hardly think he should be taking notes from a reputed drug dealer, much less dealing with one [Wink]

It's not the first time for Al! Rev Al Sharpton on FBI Tape - Drug Dealer &Snitch

The difference between Rush and Al is that Al is the one that claims to be speaking in the best interests of Blacks, while he's really speaking to serve himself! The man plays on race for his own personal gain!

One would think folks would have realized this after Tawana Brawley! Or maybe after the Coke Tape! But even after more recent new issues there are some that will stand by old Al no matter what [Roll Eyes] .....

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nwm4ever
Member # 93

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for nwm4ever   Email nwm4ever         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by darnell:
So it is OK to attack one while trying to dismiss the deeds of the other [Roll Eyes] ?

Well, you didn't see a problem doing so either:

quote:
The difference between Rush and Al is that Al is the one that claims to be speaking in the best interests of Blacks, while he's really speaking to serve himself! The man plays on race for his own personal gain!

One would think folks would have realized this after Tawana Brawley! Or maybe after the Coke Tape! But even after more recent new issues there are some that will stand by old Al no matter what [Roll Eyes] .....

Rush seems to slide by nice and clean from your grasp, but that's not a huge surprise...it's obvious you're more of a disciple of the Limbaugh gospel than one from an actual ordained minister.

Dif'rent strokes for dif'rent folks, I guess.

Posts: 120 | From: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Yea I guess when I was attacking Rush for his comments about McNabb and I was attacking Rush for other comments he made prior to that I was just being a good disciple for Rush [Roll Eyes] .

Oh but dare not speak bad of "minister" Al [Razz 2] [Razz] . Many are "called" but the REAL chosen are few! Oh but I guess it's "Christian" to have an affair and claim you were "seperated" from your wife at the time... Cause in today's society adultery and fornication is A-OK, even for ministers [Roll Eyes] ... No wonder he's pro-choice! Once upon a time a minister would actually run away in shame for such actions! And when you saw them again they were apologizing for such activity! Yea....a minister...riiiight.... [Big Grin] .

[ 06-16-2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: darnell ]

D.C.Bailey
Member # 637

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for D.C.Bailey   Author's Homepage   Email D.C.Bailey         Edit/Delete Post 
Please, please don't get me started on Rev. Al!
I'll leave it at that

Posts: 78 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyrightę 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.