Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » Press Area » Black News » The latest Cosby allegations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The latest Cosby allegations
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
Cosby Lawyer Asks Why Accuser Took So Long

Of course nobody knows the truth but them and God. And of course waiting a year does not make the allegations appear to be credible at all. But Cosby going into virtual silence does not encorage a feeling that he did nothing wrong. So who knows...

Of course I hope Cosby did not do it, but we never know.

What I am saddened by is that this has put the brakes on a movement to help Blacks most in need of Cosby's message.

True allegations or not I think Cosby should continue his "morality tour". The message he offers is true no matter what may have happend with him and that woman a year ago.

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remnant
Member # 523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remnant           Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that everytime a good work is taken place, there is always a negative force that attempts to stop that good work. This has been the case ever since biblical days. If Cosby is guilty in this allegation, he may have repented since he commited the wrongdoing which may have led him to begin his "morality tour" in assisting others from not committing the same wrongdoings. On the other hand, Cosby may be innocent and this allegation may be another attempt to keep Mr. Cosby silent from spreading the moral truth. In either case, our true Creator knows what took place and neither party is exempt from that fact. The morality message should continue from Mr. Cosby along with more of us who believe in moral values.

[ 01-23-2005, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Remnant ]

Posts: 145 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
New Developments in Cosby Fondling Investigation

quote:
Investigators probing the sexual misconduct allegations made against Bill Cosby by a former Temple University employee have concluded there was sexual contact between the entertainer and the woman, but they are trying to determine whether it was consensual, a source close to the investigation has told ABC News.
Well the leaks are indicating that Cosby has once again done something outside the bonds of his marriage that he had no business doing.

If it was a crime is still under investigation. If there was a "pill that rendered her semiconscious" it does not sound consensual to me. But we will learn all their stories in time I'm sure.

On the other hand:
quote:
At a news conference Wednesday, Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said Cosby is fully cooperating with investigators, and authorities expect to decide whether they will bring charges against him in two weeks. Castor indicated that the alleged victim's delay in coming forward and contact with the entertainer since the incident could hurt her case.
Well Cosby tried to help parents with their kids. He never tried to be a marriage counselor....
Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Bill Cosby sexual assault accuser taped phone calls

Cosby Accuser's Mom Contacted Cosby Before Cops?

[Eek!]

darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Cosby tied to another sexual allegation

quote:
A California lawyer has told investigators looking into sex allegations against entertainer Bill Cosby that he drugged her and tried to force himself on her 30 years ago.
said she decided to tell her story after Cosby's attorney and the Montgomery County, Pa., district attorney publicly cast doubt on a former Temple University women's basketball executive's allegations

Well this woman is not after any money and says the same thing happend to her a long time ago.

It shows a pattern and as Arnold recently said "Where there's smoke there's fire" (Just imagine the "Arnold" accent [Razz 2] .)

I'm starting to feel there is really something to these allegations.

So sad...

But I offer no compassion for Cosby if he is found guilty and hope he spends his final days telling jokes to prison inmates!

None the less, the message of responsibility and having high morals should continue. Just a shame he may have some issues himself.

darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
More accuse Cosby

And the latest accusers are going STRAIGHT to the Montgomery County (Pa.) District Attorney. (There are other articles with more details, but I did not post them here since subscriptions are required to read them, but check out Philly.com if you want to see some additional stories.)

Since Tamara Green spoke up the flood gates have opened and lots more women are no longer afraid to speak up.

Lets be honest, these all can't be a bunch of lying fame seeking gold diggers. Some if not all of these women must have some facts in their claims.

Bottom line, Cosby is done and he's gonna be spending a lot of time in several court rooms!

Glad for the good he's done, but he's gotta pay the price for this!

This will only ensure that movements for morality are more pure than ever before. And really that's a good thing.

[ 02-12-2005, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: darnell ]

darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
DA: Cosby Won't Face Sex Assault Charges

I think the end of all this is far from over for Cosby.

And it is very much a shame that a sister as good as Camille Cosby has to deal with Bill continually abusing their marriage.

darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Cosby Discusses Sex Allegations in Interview

quote:
"Looking back on it, I realize that words and actions can be misinterpreted by another person, and unless you're a supreme being, you can't predict what another individual will do," Cosby told The National Enquirer, which hits newsstands Friday.

"I'm not saying that what I did was wrong, but I apologize to my loving wife, who has stood by my side for all these years, for any pain I have caused her. These allegations have caused my family great emotional stress."

The 67-year-old entertainer — best-known as a warm, wisecracking TV dad — was cleared of criminal charges in connection with the allegations. Attorneys for the Canadian woman said she still planned a civil lawsuit.

darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Civil Lawsuit Filed Against Bill Cosby

I guess this is the point where Cosby had better pay her fast so this comes to a swift end.

darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Looks like this one won't be going away and its possibly worse than we all knew!

Bill Cosby's "Prior Bad Acts"

quote:
Attorneys for the woman suing Bill Cosby for sexual assault claim that at least ten other women are prepared to testify about "prior similar sexual assaults and/or drugging incidents" perpetrated by the comedian.
In addition to the ten women, Constand's lawyers are also seeking New York police and prosecution records relating to a 2000 abuse claim reportedly lodged against the star by a "Cosby Show" cast member named Lachele Covington. Cosby has denied all abuse allegations, none of which have resulted in criminal charges against the comedian.

look4peoples
Member # 1049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for look4peoples   Email look4peoples         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, Darnell old buddy of mine do you have some sort of grudge against Cosby? Because just reading it kind of gives me the impression that you do but i could be wrong. Just saying what's clearly visible.
Posts: 28 | From: west desmoines iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Read my other threads here about Cosby.

I hold a grudge against abusers. Because they abuse. Nothing personal with Cosby.

[ 04-28-2005, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: darnell ]

darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
13 women now say Cosby drugged, assaulted them

quote:
PHILADELPHIA - Thirteen women now say Bill Cosby drugged and/or sexually assaulted them, according to new court papers filed in federal court here.

Twelve women came forward after ex-Temple University employee Andrea Constand went to police in January with her accusations against Cosby.

Ten of the women gave statements to Constand's attorneys, Dolores Troiani and Bebe Kivitz. The attorneys also forwarded the information about those women to Montgomery County, Pa., authorities.

However, when Troiani and Kivitz recently received the police file through the civil lawsuit they filed on behalf of Constand, they found two other women who had contacted detectives, who had not reached out to them, a response they filed Monday says.

A Cosby attorney had no comment Tuesday.

look4peoples
Member # 1049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for look4peoples   Email look4peoples         Edit/Delete Post 
But he's old a mean how can or what would a 67yr old man want with that many women?
Dag it seems like everybody abusing somebody everytime you look around!

Posts: 28 | From: west desmoines iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
I had to realize some time back that rational people can't understand irrational acts by people that allow their primal urges to rule them.

At that point I stopped trying to figure out "why" some people do things like this. We simply know they are a danger to society and are best to be removed from it if proven guilty.

While I agree with many of Cosby's messages I can't give him a pass if he's abusing women in this way. And there are just too many accusers with the same story to ignore them.

darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Bill Cosby: African-Americans 'Not Holding Up Their End of the Deal'

quote:
Martin asked Cosby if his own failures of judgment disqualify him from speaking about others.

"No," Cosby said flatly. "I couldn't care less what you think of me as long as you begin to execute that which will save your children."

He compared speaking out to warning others against mistakes he had made himself.

"You don't have to listen to me," he said. "But you're going to be very, very sorry."

Well he sure is right about that. Those who ignore the warning will be very, very sorry.

The full interview was on ABC's Nightline tonight. A pretty good episode.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyright© 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.