Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » Press Area » Black News » Black films pulling larger crowds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black films pulling larger crowds
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
Black films pulling larger crowds

quote:
"Many of us black performers have been in the business for a while and never really believed the statement that African-Americans could not do well globally," said Johnson, whose next film, "The L.A. Riots," will premiere next month at the Tribeca Film Festival.

"I think we've proven that was definitely a myth, generally. Our argument has been that a good story will play well, regardless of race, and I think that's been proven, especially with the current films."

And since families often go see films together the immoral stuff that may top music charts does not fly so high in the movies [Wink] .
Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
look4peoples
Member # 1049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for look4peoples   Email look4peoples         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard about this this is a real good thing simply because it influences other people. Not to mention i went and saw Coach Carter 13 times literally Samuel played that part and played it good.

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 28 | From: west desmoines iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyrightę 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.