Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » Press Area » Black News » Breaking News

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breaking News
look4peoples
Member # 1049

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for look4peoples   Email look4peoples         Edit/Delete Post 
Man i was watching news last night and it showed this little five yr old black girl being handcuffed by police officers because she was fighting the teachers! Man i don't agree with that they could of did a number of thing's but handcuffing a five yr old, man that's low. [Frown]
Posts: 28 | From: west desmoines iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
look4peoples
Member # 1049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for look4peoples   Email look4peoples         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah and as for the little girl her punchin the teachers and stuff could have easily been corrected if the staff had of just called the parent's and they got out their belts.
Posts: 28 | From: west desmoines iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
I think cases like this are no-win situations for administrators. Public schools have been beaten with so many lawsuits that they can't remove terrible kids from the classroom when they realize the kid is no good. (I mean remove them from school for good. Its a very long process.) And any effort to restrain a bad kid that gets physical with authorities is going to be viewed as a bad thing. No teacher or cop should have to sit there and allow anyone to beat on them. And any response to restrain the kid is going to be looked at as being "too much".

I think the cops did the right thing. Better they cuff her up than to slam her head on something or try even holding her with their own hands. Because if they hold her continually with their hands she is bound to bruise. And we know many physical holds could result in someone not getting enough air. Certainly nobody would want to see those cops use their night sticks or a taser gun. So the number of options boils down to the least violent option. And cuffs are a non-violent way to restain anyone that is getting out of hand.

Calling the parents would have meant waiting till the parents get there. Which could have been a unknown amout of time still dealing with an out of control kid. And these days the parents pulling out belts could have gotten the parents charged...sad but true...

The issue here is not the cops or school administrators, but the undisciplined child . The parents of the child should be charged simply for school officials having to deal with such mess!

[ 04-26-2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: darnell ]

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
look4peoples
Member # 1049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for look4peoples   Email look4peoples         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by darnell:

The issue here is not the cops or school administrators, but the undisciplined child . The parents of the child should be charged simply for school officials having to deal with such mess! [/QB]

okay yea i agree with the fact that the administrators shouldn't be hit but come on why do you have to handcuff a child? Not just any child but a five yr old the poor kid will be emotionally scared for life. Now like i was saying maybe she wouldn't of gotten out of control like she did if her parents had of put some heat on her backside because from the looks of video this is not the first time she has acted like this. Like i said there are a billion of things they could of done but handcuffs is not is unacceptable.
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, then what would YOU have done in that situation?

Keep in mind that a school teacher/administrator putting their hands on a child is not acceptable and usually results in the teacher/administrator being fired. Not to mention the follow up lawsuits. Which is why they called the cops.

So I'm going to give you the brighter option to save your job (assuming you were a teacher there) and lets say you called the cops. (Calling the mother would have taken too long waiting for her.) Now lets say you were the cop. What would you do? You don't have to list the full "billion" just list about 3 other options. And then I will tell you how each one would make for a worse result than the cuffs.

And if you were thinking the cop could hold her that would be worse. Since that would result in the cop holding her there for some time and it would leave bruises. Not to mention certain types of holds might even restrict air flow.

There is not a single option you can name that I can't show would be deemed as bad or worse when played on video tape.

The child was bad and put under control. I thank those cops for doing their jobs in a peaceful manner. And that child's feelings were already messed up to act like that. Those cops were doing their jobs and did the right thing.

[ 04-27-2005, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: darnell ]

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
And the school board in that area needs to have a hearing to remove that child from that school system permanently.
look4peoples
Member # 1049

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by darnell:

There is not a single option you can name that I can't show would be deemed as bad or worse when played on video tape.

look4peoples
Member # 1049

Rate Member
MY BAD I'M KIND OF NEW AT THIS QUOTING THING. ALL THE ADMINISTRATORS HAD TO DO WAS SAY OKAY THIS CHILD IS ACTING OUT AN OBVIOUS SIGN OF THE WANT FOR ATTENTION. THEY COULD OF TAKEN HER OUTSIDE OR TO A CLASSROOM THAT NO STUDENTS WERE IN AND LET HER SIT IN THERE. THEY WOULDN'T TRY AND CATER TO HER OR NONE OF THAT STUFF LIKE THEY WERE DOING IN THE VIDEO. THEN THEY COULD OF CALLED THE PARENTS AND SAID MRS.,OR MR. SO AND SO WE NEED YOU TO COME GET YOUR CHILD. BUT YOUR TALKING ABOUT REMOVING A CHILD PERMANENTLY FROM A SCHOOL SYSTEM I THINK YOU ARE FORGETTING THAT IT'S NOT THE CHILD'S FAUGHT IT'S THE PARENTS, BECAUSE IF THEY HAD OF DISCIPLINED HER BEFORE THAT IT WOULDN'T OF HAPPEN, AND ME AND YOU COULD OF AVOIDED THIS LITTLE DEBATE. AS MUCH AS I LOVE TO ARGUE WITH YOU I MUST SAY I DISAGREE WITH YOU THIS TIME. BY THE WAY HOW COME THAT WHOLE LITTLE ORDEAL WAS RECORDED IN THE FIRST PLACE? WHAT THEY DOING WITH A CAMCORDER AT SCHOOL?
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
All I have to say is I really don't think you've managed a class of children before. Because having done it myself I can tell you your option would have never gone the way you "think" it would have gone.

Looked like they already had her away from others. Didn't matter, she still kept it up. And getting her to SIT is a challenge in its self. Kind of hard to get a kid to SIT that is STANDING ON A TABLE looking you in the face and taking swings when you try to stop them. Did you see that part of the video? They tried what you said and it didn't work.

And that child should be removed permanently. Sure the parents are the problem and just the same the child is out of control. Not the school's job to play the role of a parent.

Once the kid is removed from public day school the parent will still have to get her into a school. Which will mean an alternative school that is better equiped for dealing with bad kids.

One issue in education is that good teachers have to spend too much time catering to bad kids at the expense of other kids. Kick that bad kid out and move on.

darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
The Talented 10th Versus the Untalented 90%

quote:
The story about the five-year-old kid who got handcuffed by the cops has gotten quite a bit of media attention. Five-year-olds tend not to have long attention spans, and I likewise have a short attention span when it comes to discussing the social implications of what five-year-olds are doing. I do suspect that the kid will be a future "Scared Straight" participant.

A different story that hasn't gotten as much attention has me highly agitated. A youngster in DC has been fighting--literally--to get a quality education. 11-year-old John V. Boyd has been getting roughed up by some local thugs, apparently because he is a geek. He lives in southeast DC, which means that there is a large likelihood that he is from a low-income family.

It is a moving story. The youngster is growing plants and has successfully raised the money to participate in a program abroad.

look4peoples
Member # 1049

Rate Member
Okay homes, i think i'm through because i can't seem to win with you, on this one. I can say it's black then you say it's white, i say he's innocent you say he's guilty, i say we're all going to die then you no we aint! Man i'm done with this topic you can check me out on my new one....oh yea and i can count on you disagreeing with me on that one too. So until then may god be with you. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyrightę 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.