Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » Press Area » Black News » NAACP to target private business for slave reparations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NAACP to target private business for slave reparations
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
NAACP to target private business

OK, so now if my bank has a history of slavery from over 100 years ago involving people no longer living the NAACP might want me to boycott the business because they might not give me (or maybe THEM) money today [Roll Eyes] . Give me a break!

I think it's great if a company voluntarily wants to give some money because of what they discover in their past. But this new-wave strong arm tactic goes well beyond getting equal rights from the days of MLK. This new thing is about simply taking as much money as can be strong armed from all parties with money. While they say nothing about the Africans that sold Blacks into slavery in the first place.

Nope I'm not boycotting some business for what some dead people did over 100 years ago. (Maybe if they were fair handed and included the Africans that sold slaves I might think about it.)

[ 07-12-2005, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: darnell ]

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Tom
Member # 804

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uncle Tom   Author's Homepage   Email Uncle Tom         Edit/Delete Post 
The (N)egtoes(A)re(A)lways(C)om(P)laining, could really find something else to do!

Here's the way it really is folks!

In the average white's mind, he/she isn't worried about what these negroes are whining about! In his/her mind, they're saying, "what are they complaining about now?"

No longer is segregation the rule of the day.

You may---------------move to where you want to, attend any school, go in any place of business, purchase a home, etc................

I'm asking the same question that whites are asking................what the hell do you want now?

Reparations will never come, so forget it! We had reparations back in the sixties, it was called, "THE GREAT SOCIETY"! With all of the programs and gelp offered, the negro should be in much better shape economically, but are we? No one can make a person uplift himself, and until he /she does, they will always be at the bottom of the barrel! If the naacp wants to do something, let them start a drive to get high school black males dropouts back into school, since we all know that education is the way to escape poverty. This is clearly a CLASS WAR, not a racial one.

Now let me finish eating my cold waddermellon and fried chiken : < ) I be gone.........

Posts: 8 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Tom:

I'm asking the same question that whites are asking................what the hell do you want now?

I'm wondering the same! If you add up all the money that has been given to Black Americans in programs it probably would comparatively pale to the aid given to African nations (in dollars per head) that has brought little change there. At least in those parts of Africa they can claim a dictator took all the money. Blacks here can't blame anyone but themselves!

I think Amy Wax said it straight in her piece Some Truths About Black Disadvantage. You don't have to be Black to clearly see any current issues have to be overcome by some Blacks themselves showing better discipline. Cause plenty more than 40 acres and a mule has already been given!

Frederick Douglass said well over 100 years ago as a real former slave that no more should be given! And that was in 1865 he realized it would not do any good and needed to stop. So Blacks would be left to get up on their own or die!

[ 07-14-2005, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: darnell ]

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
This is probably also a good time to point out the migration to Liberia. Which was funded by private donations and severals states (Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Maryland). And we know the US Government has given aid to Liberia.

Also we can't forget the many plots of land left for slaves to live on like Hilton Head, SC and others.

So we can't say nothing was given. Plenty of land, aid, programs, housing and money has been given.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyrightę 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.