Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » General » The Music » I never brought a Seal CD, but I'm warming up to the idea...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I never brought a Seal CD, but I'm warming up to the idea...
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
Seal Slams Sexist Rappers

Cause the brother does have his head on straight IMHO.

(And for anyone wondering, I don't care who he chooses as his lady. I wish him the best.)

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remnant
Member # 523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remnant           Edit/Delete Post 
Seal has a powerful message in this article, not to mention his music sounds great. He is one of the few black artists to have new projects airing on mainstream Adult Contemporary radio stations. Also, he has done well on Smooth Jazz stations. With his type of attitude, he is definitely in a position of a successful marriage. I also wish him the best.
Posts: 145 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
SEAL TARGETS 50 CENT IN RAP BLAST

quote:

The CRAZY star - who last week (ends14JAN05) slammed rappers for portraying women negatively in both their videos and lyrics - cites 50 Cent's GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN' album as an example of all that is wrong with hip-hop music in the 21st Century.

I could not agree with him more!
Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade565
Member # 1009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade565   Email Wade565         Edit/Delete Post 
I do agree and admire Seal for voicing his views, however I must ask this question.... "Why do young women support men who speak of them in this fashion?
Posts: 5 | From: NJ | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
And your question is the "other side" of this issue. While something is FINALLY being said about what the men are doing, we are not giving much attention to the women that also participate.

It all starts with training in the home...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyrightę 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.