Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » General » The Music » McClurkin Bowing Out Of Music Biz

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: McClurkin Bowing Out Of Music Biz
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
McClurkin Bowing Out Of Music Biz

quote:
"I'm done and I have to pastor the church that I'm pastoring. That's my focus now," he says of the Perfected Faith Church in Freeport, N.Y., that he founded four years ago. "I want to concentrate on building people and going further than most people think to go in church. I'm interested in people who are on the street, that are disenchanted with church and devising ways of reaching them. God's allowed me to use my notoriety so far as a platform, but now I have to learn how to expand it from here."
McClurkin says he'll never completely abandon music, as he'll continue to sing at his church. "I'm retiring from the whole industry, but not from singing," he says. "I'm retiring from the commerciality of it, but I'll still be at church singing up a storm and recording my church choir's album."
McClurkin, who appeared as a pastor in the recent hit film "Diary of a Mad Black Woman," has been busy filming the movie "The Gospel" in Atlanta. This summer, he'll be back at it with a role in "Hopeville," a 20th Century Fox comedy co-starring Franklin.

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyrightę 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.