Darnell's Black Radio Guide

Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Message Bo » General » The Music » Bush observes Black Music Month with Gospel tribute

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bush observes Black Music Month with Gospel tribute
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
Bush observes Black Music Month with Gospel tribute

quote:
After listening to Gospel performers Smokey Norful, "Mary Mary" and Donnie McClurkin, the president told them, "You had me jumpin' in my seat."

Bush said the music of black Americans had its roots in the work songs of slavery -- and the "voice of faith lifted up to God." But he says it "speaks a language that all Americans understand."

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remnant
Member # 523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remnant           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if individuals like Tom Joyner, Ed Gordon, Tavis Smiley or Bev Smith mentioned this to their audiences. I have not heard any responses from Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.
Posts: 145 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nwm4ever
Member # 93

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for nwm4ever   Email nwm4ever         Edit/Delete Post 
See, one more benefit for keepin' Condi in the White House--mixtape hookups. That W is somethin' else! [Razz]

Rem, care to share to the class why Rev. Al or Rev. Jackson need to respond to a free gospel concert? [Confused]

Notable omissions: R&B, soul, funk, reggae...and a lil' thing called hip-hop.

[ 06-15-2005, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: nwm4ever ]

Posts: 120 | From: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darnell
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darnell   Author's Homepage   Email darnell         Edit/Delete Post 
Black Music, Gospel, Reverends. Is the connection not obvious?

I think the concert was a good thing, but I guess when some folks dislike a person there is nothing they can do that won't be criticized [Roll Eyes] .

Posts: 1673 | From: Suwanee, GA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Darnell's Black Radio Guide Front Page | Privacy Statement

copyrightę 2004 by Mountain Top Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved.